[THIN] Re: Compaq T20

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:54:53 +0100

We have around 30 Compaq T20 16/32 thin clients running WinCE.  I find them
easy to setup (can even talk a user though it over the phone!) and in just over
a year have had two problems (whatever I did one just wouldn't connect to any
CTX server over ICA but worked over RDP, and the other one, just a week ago,
died).  Both were luckily still under warrenty, and were swapped out with no
problems.

Never have used any remote admin tools on them though, don't run any apps
locally on them (apart from ICA Client), and I have never used any other TC
brand, so unable to compare.

BTW, Compaq T20's are just rebadged WYSE terminals, so I have been told.

Steve