[THIN] Re: Compaq Network Card Teaming

  • From: "Steven Sporen" <steven.sporen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 16:47:54 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Teaming is virtual joining of two or more network cards (usually of the
same type) to form a virtual redundant NIC which provides in theory the
throughput of all the NIC's combined.

Depending on what your goal is - you might want to consider NLBS
(Network Load Balancing Service) which is shipped with Windows Advanced
Server. It allows you to create a virtual IP address across many servers
- usually used for IIS environments.

Hope this helps.

Regards
  Steven