[THIN] Re: Compaq / HP Server testing results

  • From: "Dez" <Dez_is@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 9:43:44 +0000

I totally agree Bernd, our CRM hits the servers harder than Office does, and
also we're required to run a fair amount of macro's within Office which doesn't
help the situation either. Having a known quantity in our existing DL580
though, I was hoping to be able to extrapolate the figures to give me a rough
idea of how many users we'd get on a 380 G3, so was looking more at the
comparative performance between the two reports, rather than the outright
figures.

cheers
Chris

======== At 2003-01-02, 17:24:00 Bernd Harzog wrote: ========

One thing that I have noticed about many of these tests (I have not seen
the ones specifically referenced in this thread). They are based upon
Microsoft Office as the application and define a heavy user as someone
who is doing a lot of typing in Word. Our experience is that business
applications like ERP (JD Edwards), CRM (Siebel), decision support
(Business Objects), or healthcare applications exact a much heavier load
upon the server than do Office application no matter how "heavily" the
Office applications are used.=20

Cheers,

Bernd Harzog
CEO