[THIN] Re: Color Depth

  • From: "Jason Patten" <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 14:48:48 -0400

If I am reading this right, you want to test 24bit color.  YOu set the
publishing to 24bit color, PNagent is set to 24bit color, but the app is
launching in 16bit color correct?

Is your screen set to 24bit color?
Are there any policy restrictions on color depth, maybe the session
degredation settings?

On 6/7/07, Schneider, Chad M <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 In testing, due to a requirement of a smoother looking application, I
have enabled a server published desktop and set to 24-bit color.

All applications are fine, other than the request to test a smoother look
to one (SAP Logon).  I have gone over the reasons NOT to increase the
display settings, but they want to test anyway.

I launch the application, and the desktop is set to 16-bit color, and I
can not change it.

PN Agent on my client is set to 24-bit color.

The farm is W2K3, 64-bit running PS 4.5.

All applications are fine, other than the request to test a smoother look
to one (SAP Logon).  I have gone over the reasons NOT to increase the
display settings, but they want to test anyway.

What am I missing?

Chad Schneider

Technology Analyst/Citrix Admin.

Bemis Company, Inc.