[THIN] Re: Client error [Error 1034: Communication I/O error] when using CSG.

  • From: "shaneb" <shaneb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:35:54 +1000

Hi John,

Had a simmilar problem and it turned out that the CSG box was not using DNS
and did not know where to find the FQDN, fixed that and got it to work once
the Firewall people added a few new rules.

Cheers,

Shane

> I'm having an issue with Citrix Secure gateway that is driving me bonkers. I
have CSG and the Web Interface on the same server in our DMZ. Clients can
connect via HTTPS to the CSG server and be proxied to the Web Interface where
they can log in without any problems. The problem occurs when the selects an
application and clicks the icon. The ICA client window pops up that is titled
'Connecting to [application name]' and then BAM - the error reads "Cannot load
the ICA client drivers [Error 1034: Communication I/O error]"

> I have checked the CSG diagnostics and I see no errors.
> I have run the debug.asp and can see no problems.
> I have confirmed that FQDNs are used in the NFuse.conf file.
> I have upgraded ICA clients to 7.100.xxxxxx.
> I have confirmed that from the CSG server port 80 is open to the STAs.
> I have confirmed that from the CSG server port 1494 is open to the MF servers.
> Internet users can connect the CSG site on 443 using https://FQDN.
> I installed the new Verisign intermediate root certificate.
> I reissued our Verisign server cert.
> I have restarted the server more times than I can remember...
>
> Can anyone think of anything I may be forgetting? I have scoured the Citrix
forums and have seen that this error has been happening for others, but none
of the proposed solutions there were applicable to my setup.