[THIN] Client Printers

  • From: rrondan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:46:33 -0500

Greetings,

We are in the process of upgrading from MetaFrame 1.8 to XP (new servers )
and somewhat concerned about a prior issue with client printing. I apologize
if this has been asked before or is somewhere in the archives, but we're
trying to go live in the next day or two . The main concern is that with
1.8, all logged in users printers appeared, and just hitting the print key
caused the print jobs to print on a (different) users home printer (cause
for alarm to both parties). So the question is, how or can we prevent
everyone's printer from displaying in the printer list, ideally we would
like to have only the users local and default network printer be mapped and
displayed. We are planning to use the Universal printer driver with XP to
resolve some home printer issues,  any help or alternative ideas greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Ric

Richard B. Rondan
Senior Network Analyst
McGuireWoods LLP
One James Center
901 East Cary Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
804.775.7360 (Direct Line)
804.775.1061 (Direct FAX)
rrondan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please advise by return e-mail and delete
immediately without reading or forwarding to others.