[THIN] Re: Client Path Reading on Citrix

  • From: Ben Pelzer <Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:31:48 +0100

Hi,

Have you thought about Server Drive Remapping?
http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/xenapp5fp-w2k3/ps-planning-remap-d
rives.html

That way the C-drive will be your client drive and your app should work
out of the box
Server Drive Remapping is still supported on Windows 2003, so you should
have no problem there

Cheers,
Ben

On 08-01-2014 19:59, "thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ------------------------------------
>thin Digest    Wed, 08 Jan 2014        Volume: 13  Issue: 003
>
>In This Issue:
>       #1:     From: ADEWALE ADISA <solixzsystem@xxxxxxxxx>
>               Subject: [THIN] Client Path Reading on Citrix

>Msg: #1 in digest
>Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 19:59:19 +0100
>Subject: [THIN] Client Path Reading on Citrix
>From: ADEWALE ADISA <solixzsystem@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>Hi,
>We are using a custom Java Applet Web Application in our organization. The
>App is Hardcoded to read a particular text file in in client directory
>"C:/abc/". If this App is to be lunch using web browser on the client
>machine by pointing the url to the App, everything would work fine but if
>the App is publish on Citrix and lunch, the App would not be able to Read
>the client's "C:/abc/" because its looking at server path instead of
>client. Have also look at Folder Redirection and client drive mapping but
>don't think they can solve the problem. Pls what can I do?
>Bellow are my Config/envir.
>Server: win2003sp3
>Client: win7
>Citrix: xenapp5.0
>
>Note: the app soppose to automatically pickup the text file from the
>client
>dir.

>//www.freelists.org/list/thin

Met vriendelijke groet,

drs. Ben Pelzer
Senior Consultant

E-mail: Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx

Amerikalaan 90 - 6199 AE  Maastricht-Airport
Tel: +31 43 850 7000
Fax: +31 43 352 1718
Internet: www.openline.nl