[THIN] Re: Client Drive mappings

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:34:59 +0800

James

Have you checked the other locations to disable drive mapping?  Verify that
connection configuration on server is not disabled, the workstation client
(ICA) is not permanently set to prevent access to the local drives.

HTH
Mk

Mark Calleja
Coordinator Network Systems
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary,
and those who don't"

>>> HillJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 23/05/2005 09:26:52 am >>>
I've searched and searched but I can't seem to find the answer to what I am
sure is a simple one.  We have one user that has client drive mappings
enabled through policy(the default is disabled via the connection config).
When they click on the drive the following error appears "You do not have
access to the folder 'a:\'.  See your administrator for access to this
folder".

It's obviously a permission issue (maybe on the client?) but I can't do a
lot of testing as the user is at a remote location at the moment.

User is on a XP sp2 workstation connecting to a Metaframe XP FR3 farm via
Secure Gateway.

James.

This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint GmbH
and certificate management.