[THIN] Re: Citrx XPe and Backup Exec 9 IDR option

  • From: "Ryan Lambert" <rlambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:08:41 -0400

And I thought Arcserve was bad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave.Boatman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Dave.Boatman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 12:00 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Citrx XPe and Backup Exec 9 IDR option

A heads up for those of you using Backup Exec 9.0 with IDR on your
Citrix boxes...

After talking to Veritas , they are going to talk to Citrix over this.
It appears that the testing of the IDR option may have been done on Xpe
without a feature release.. and my FR3 / W2K SP4 may be causing the
error when restoring...

Anyway here's a way to restore your systems...

 If installing on a new blank HDD - create the partitions the same size
as your original installation and format.

 E.g. you used to have 4Gb M 6Gb N on your old drive.. create a 4+6 GB
partition on your new drive... This is only to get around a seemingly
cosmetic error when changing the drive mapping later on. This error
appears when the IDR wizard has changed the drive mappings

Follow the technote 259441 for drive remapping

After the installation finishes you may get an error saying the W2K
signature is incorrect.. click OK and the machine will reboot.

)My machine had to reboot 3 times)

Eventually it will ask for the SP4 CD. Insert a cd with a expanded
version of SP4 - i.e. i386 folder on it. You may be able to point the
installer to M:\winnt\servicepackfiles\i386 (if installed on your
machine)

Let it go through the Windows 2000 finalising and finally it'll reboot.

Once it reboots I installed the remote agent and did a restore of the M$
and the systemstate.

(Drive N$ always restored correctly from the IDR)

Reboot the server and your back in action.

Not exactly a tidy solution..

I hope this helps someone

Dave Boatman