[THIN] Re: CitrixXP SP2/FP2 printing problems with none MS apps?

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 21:50:08 +1100

Hi Dennis,

If you were running windows 2000 SP3, I'd be be the first one to state that
Q328020 would fix things, but you're running SP2 so I'm afraid it could be
something more interesting.

Nevertheless, what twigged me to the problem with SP3 was few things things:

1) Windows apps and local (app on local hard disks) printerd fine.
2) copying the application to a local drive resulted in printing working.
3) The spooled print job ended up in the application directory (if uesrs had
write access) as a file with the port address of the printer, eg
IP_123.234.23.123.

If the application executable doesn't appear in a qprocess app listing, and
you see ntvdm.exe instead, then it's 16-bit, no questions.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>