[THIN] Re: Citrix vs. New Moon (ICA vs. RDP+)

  • From: Jamie Marshall <jamie.marshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:08:26 -0000

Within Terminal Services for Windows 2000, you were limited to 256 colors,
which was sufficient for basic utilities and standard office-based
applications. To use higher-end applications or Web browsers, 256 colors is
not sufficient. With .NET Server, the user now has the ability to set the
color depth from 16 colors to True Color, and the resolution can be set from
640x480 to whatever is the highest level that is supported by the client
system.