[THIN] Re: Citrix vs. New Moon (ICA vs. RDP+)

  • From: Jamie Marshall <jamie.marshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 13:21:44 -0000

It does basically come down to the protocols, but also all the other
features Citrix offers over New Moon (enhanced load balancing, CSG, IMS, RMS
etc).  Basically, if you can live with only RDP and basic load balancing
(very basic), then new moon is probably OK.  It is limited at the minute,
however, to 256 colours, but this is to change with the release of Server
2003.

Jamie