[THIN] Citrix v full VPN

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:23:55 +0100

Hi,

I have finally got my CAG, AAC set up with a few options now available
to the user for remote access.

My initial remit was to provide users with a new domain laptop with full
VPN access, so that the Laptop can be docked when they are on site and
when they VPN in they have the exact same experience.

Any users that already have laptop's who also have admin rights and
install software etc.. need to be able to access a published Citrix
Desktop, as most of these users use a thin device when in the office
this is fine. I am giving these users the file shares as web recourses
so they can download files as we are still running an XP farm at the
moment.

This is all looking good, I am having real visible speed issues when a
user uses the VPN laptop vs. the laptop were the user launches a
published desktop. To me it makes since that the VPN will be slower as
when using the published desktop all processing takes place in the data
centre, but I need proof for management.

So basically I am looking for some official document, if available and
indeed if I am correct in my thoughts, that sets out some bench marks.

thanks

Ronnie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
you have received this email in error, please advise by return email and delete
all copies of the message.