[THIN] Re: Citrix unveils new desktop virtualization product

  • From: "Douglas A. Brown" <dbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:08:46 -0400

Yes it is real... I've seen it and it is pretty slick stuff but from
what I saw it still tunnels RDP through ICA and it does not do anything
but connect users to vms, blades, desktops..      Today I looked over
Provision Networks VDI solution and man oh man is it impressive.  They
will actually hook in to Virtual Center and manage VMS in a more
intelligent manner.  They will pause, restore, boot and/or shutdown VMs
per your settings and when needed.  It is an amazing product and cheaper
I think. ;)  It does everything Citrix's version does and more...  I
will let you know more about the Citrix Desktop Server as I dive in to
it deeper.  I JUST finished a VM for it... now I need to click "setup".

DB