[THIN] Re: Citrix slow logins and screen freezes

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 08:41:54 +1000

Hi Keith,

You remove cmstart from the registry, period.

Then if you need any ICA client functionality (eg on a LAN you may not) you
have the option of running cmstart backgrounded asynchronous to the windows
explorer initialisation (desktop appears etc) by adding a line to
%systemroot%\system32\usrlogon.cmd, cmd /c cmstart.exe.

This doesn't solve the slow cmstart issue, which may be corrected by the
hotfix you're trying, but it doesn't then impact on login speed.

I'm using the logic that "If the customer doesn't see a problem anymore,
it's fixed", at least 'til we can do it properly.

Could you keep us posted on the results of your testing?

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx