[THIN] Re: Citrix security question

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:47:54 -0000

Damn straight.

> It seems like they could
> delete/overwrite any files they wanted or install any program
> that doesn't write to the registry.

And how...

> I've never looked at a fresh install before, I always assumed
> that since all my users are standard users, not power users
> or local admins, I'd be ok, but looking it this I'm not so sure.
>
> Do any of you change the default security settings?

Hell yes.

Read-only for everything locally on terminal servers unless you want
headaches later.

Neil

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the above
named recipient only. If this has come to you in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. You must take no
action based on this, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its
contents to any person or organisation. Statements and opinions contained in
this email may not necessarily represent those of Littlewoods. Please note that
e-mail communications may be monitored. The registered office of Littlewoods
Limited and it's subsidiaries is 100 Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L70 1AB.

www.blackspider.com
This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint, GmbH
for Microsoft Terminal Services
http://www.thinprint.com/dotprint/index.php?sh2&lc=1