[THIN] Re: Citrix on VMWare

  • From: "Long, Brett (Noumea)" <Brett.Long@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:44:10 +1100

We use IBM 3550 servers for the core Thin Desktop.

However we also have a cpl of VMs hosting thin desktops which is great
for piloting apps and settings that have been approved on the test farm.

I usually run the servers at half the load of the physical servers but
can ramp them up if I need to.

We also have a number of VMs that host specific applications. This is
where we get a lot of value due to the complexities and requirements of
certain apps.

We also use VMs for the test farm which is great especially for the
packaging server which we can revert back to a clean slate using the
snapshotting ability.

Finally we have made use of templates which means we can deploy a new
application or thin server in a matter of minutes to take up some of the
load.

We have ESX for various other infrastructure so it made sense to
leverage ESX for the Citrix farm.

Finally

Regards...

Brett Long