[THIN] Re: Citrix on VMWare

  • From: "Henry Sieff" <hsieff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:59:42 -0500

I've done it, but for testing, not production. It actually isn't daunting at
all. Once you have sliced up your virtual servers, you install os and apps as
though they were actual server. Each one thinks its an actual server, and I had
no problems.

I don't know if I would use it in production as my primary server farm, though,
but I have nothing but my own FUD to justify that, although
http://www.tmurgent.com/ has a good white paper on performance in a virtual
server environment that you should look at if you are considering going into
production.

I am seriously considering it for a backup server farm, though, since vm makes
it easier to plan capacity for it.

Henry