[THIN] Re: Citrix on EMC SAN

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:27:06 -0700

Ugh.  Buy another server?  It'll be cheaper than the infrastructure required
to for SAN.   Citrix servers are disposable, you should be able to ghost (or
scripted install) at will.  If not, perhaps re-evaluate the methodology used
if recovery is of the essence.

The only reason (ok, three reasons) IBM recommends back ending the
BladeCenter to their SAN.  1)  Unusually high failure rate of the local HDs
due to heat issues.  2)  Performance of the local disks/Raid controller
are/is horrible. 3) To make more money selling additional hardware and
services.

Joe

  _____