[THIN] Re: Citrix license server version 11.6.1 needs a STRAIGHT JACKET

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:48:12 +1000

Update: I just built another new Licensing server in the same environment on
another VM to see
if I could replicate the same issue.....

You bet ya boots I could.

Do you think I'm game to roll this out on other client sights...  NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

On Wed, Jun 17th, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Berny Stapleton <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> [...]
> > until the next day,
> > the error appeared again. We stopped and started the License server
> and we
> > were back in
> > business ? for a short while. I figured that the license server may
> be
> > corrupt, so I built a new
> > license server on another fresh IIS server using a new install of
> License
> > Server 11.6.1. I got onto
> > MyCitrix, returned and re-allocated the licenses to the new server
> and
> > downloaded them to the
> > License server. After uploading them on the new license server and
> > everything appeared to be
> > okay, I ran lmstat ?a. Again I got an error and had to set the
> license file
> > path in the registry as
> > before.
> >
> > I ran lmstat ?a again, and this time I got an error saying that 20
> out of
> > the 100 license files
> > were ?not suitable? for this server. I figured I must have spelt
> the host
> > name wrong when I
> > allocated the licenses in MyCitrix, so I when back to MyCitrix and
> > returned/ reallocated all the
> > licenses again, downloaded them and uploaded them to the license
> server.
> > Again I ran lmstat ?r. This time it told me I had 200 available
> licenses.
> > WHOOOO! This was
> > confirmed in the license management console ? I doubled my license
> count!!!
> > Now being an old
> > FROGGER nut from the 80?s, I felt I had to clock the license count
> just for
> > fun, like I used to clock
> > that nasty little frog game back in the arcade ? 99999 and back to
> zero ?
> > love that frog! So off I
> > went back to MyCitrix, return/reallocate, download, upload ? again
> and
> > again and again ? 300,
> > 400, 500, 600, 700 and so on ? WHOOOOOOOO!. And they all worked
> perfectly.
> > I can't tell you
> > what number I made it too, but it was BIG!!!!
> >
> > This experience didn?t compare to the excitement of clocking
> FROGGER, but
> > what a day. I thought
> > I would share.
> >
> > Disclaimer: Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy does not ensdorse the use
> of this
> > technique to gain
> > advantage over Citrix licensing.
> > --
> > Warren Simondson
> >
> > Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd
> >
> > Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

> > //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> > Follow ThinList on Twitter
> > http://twitter.com/thinlist
> > Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist