[THIN] Citrix license server down, No RDP either?

  • From: "Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55" <hector.minero@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 16:38:35 -0400

My Citrix Licensing Server died this morning and I decided to move the
licensing to another server.  Since that process may take a while, I decided
to tell everyone to use RDP instead of ICA.
I was surprised to find out that if the PS servers cannot contact the Citrix
Licensing Server, RDP connections (to non-admins) are not allowed either.
How do we by-pass this behavior?

Citrix Licensing is back up now, but I'd like to know for the next time it
happens.

Thanks,

Hector Minero