[THIN] Re: Citrix in Healthcare

  • From: "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:23:02 +1200

I'm a big believer that technology can't solve all problems.  sometimes
places try to shoehorn in a tech solution because they don't know what else
to do.  I support a marine department and they wanted all these expensive
satellite connections and junk so they could stay connected to their
maintenance programs while at sea.  I recommended the get an index card,
hole puncher, and piece of yarn to hang the cards on their equipment and
then when they return to port, gather them up and spend a day doing data
entry.  it didn't go over to well but in my opinion it works better and is
cheaper than connecting to satellite.

On 11/17/06, M <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Bit like what is happening with UK's national Health Service Patient
Records debacle.
Billions are being wasted and probably will continue to be all funded by
the Taxpayer.Very little has been delivered so far.