[THIN] Re: Citrix hack

  • From: "Tony Lyne" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:06:42 +1300

Yes. If the client has a Win32 ICA client installed, wether it's the full PN or
Web client an ICA file will by default have file associations in Explorer to
pass it through to the ica client.

Soooo, if you double click on an ICA file it will use pn/local client to launch
the ica session using the parameters defined in the ICA file.

I use this method for some sites I setup when defining builds for fat client
workstations Im turning into dumb terminals. Just chuck the ica file into the
startup folder and it connects straight to the published app on startup.

Tony Lyne
Senior Systems Engineer
Computerland Central
P O Box 1470
PALMERSTON NORTH
Telephone (+64) 06 3537300
Facsimile (+64) 06 3566800
Mobile (+64) 0274 720696
E-mail Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet http://www.computerland.co.nz
CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information that
is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify me immediately and delete all material pertaining to
this e-mail. Thank you.