[THIN] Re: Citrix farms over a WAN

  • From: "Brian Ehlert" <brian.ehlert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:12:17 -0400

I can fully understand where they might be coming from.

I supported a call center once where we fed them their applications
through Citrix (yes phone system hooks and all) and if the WAN went
down for any reason at all (even a burp) they had a major cow.

It quickly equaled lost revenue (perceived lost anyway).
We were running them through a VPN at that time, no where near five
nines on the state of the connection.

There are all kinds of situations (and baggage from business types to
go with it).

On 5/24/06, Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are they, for instance, mad?

  _____