[THIN] Re: Citrix client drive mapping problem

  • From: "Phillip Newberry" <PNewberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Matt.McComas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 16:24:52 -0500

Interesting...

I guess since it was working for about four months now, I'd have to assume that
this is not the problem.  As SP3 has been installed and it was working.  I
don't remember what sequence I used to be honest.  If no one else has any other
ideas, I may try this, but I have reservations as it was working and nothing
has been done.

Phillip Newberry
Network Engineer
CNA, MCSE NT4, MCSE 2000, MCP+IIS, CET
The PCA Group, Inc.
E-mail: pnewberry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web:    www.thepcagroup.com
Phone: (716) 632-5881 x318
Fax: (716) 632-5360

>>> Matt.McComas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 4:18:50 PM Wednesday, March 05, 2003 >>>

Did you install SP3 before or after your XP install?  If after, then that
may be the cause of the problem since there are known issues w/ installing
XPe on a W2k/sp3 box.  Try rolling back to SP2, and apply all
security/critical updates, and then proceed w/ XP install.  They say that
SP3 can still be used, but only after XP is installed.  We put SP2 on our
servers, and then XP, confirm all is working properly, dump an image, and
then put SP3 on.

Thanks,

Matthew McComas
LAN Technician