[THIN] Re: Citrix and VMWare

  • From: Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:03:58 -0500

PAE actually makes term server run poorly with most application sets. I
would definitely recommend disabling it.
http://community.citrix.com/display/ocb/2008/08/04/PAE+This%21%21%21+Optimizing+XenApp

 Best 32 bit/W2K3R2 setup I have found is 2vCPU/4GB RAM for each VM. Make
sure you don't overuse cores. there shouldn't be anymore vCPU's than cores
on your physical server. Memory shouldn't be overcommitted either (I reserve
2GB RAM for XenServer).  On a 24GB Dual Quad (not Nehalem) blade I
comfortably get (4) Citrix server VM's with the config above.

-Matt