[THIN] Re: Citrix and VMWare

  • From: Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:41:50 -0500

I personally use the recommendations from this site. They actually bench
test the various platform scenarios for XenApp.  Much of the info you find
elsewhere on the web is outdated or just flat out wrong (like the
recommendation to use only 1vCPU as a huge example) especially on VMWare.

http://www.projectvrc.com/

Interesting sidenote that vSphere came in dead last on their tests. Hyper-V
(v2) and XenServer 5.5 have a clear advantage with this kind of workload.
-Matt