[THIN] Citrix and Novell question

  • From: Michael Boggan <MBoggan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'THIN' <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 13:34:24 -0500

On this server we built up over the weekend, we had to connect it to a
novell network.  It appears we got that working but we are still getting
some slow response and there is an error in the event log.  The error is:

Event ID: 8007
Souce: NwRdr

The Microsoft Client Service for Netware redirector has timed out one or
more requests to Wisconsin_srvr.

We had this problem last night and it was causing logins to be really really
slow.  We found a technet article that told us to set the frame type and
external network LAN protocol address.  We did this and it fixed the slow
logins but we are still getting the errors occasionally and sporadic slow
downs along with the errors.  Is there something else I need to look at. I
haven't worked with Novell in 15 years so I am not sure what to check for.

Thanks,

Michael Boggan
Network Engineer/Citrix Admin
Virtual Desktop Inc.