[THIN] Re: Citrix and Netware Integration

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:10:31 -0400

If you can go Microsoft/Active Directory or even NT 4.0 style domain DO
IT.  The NDS integration works, but you will chase down MANY issues
related to DLU/Zenworks, Roaming profiles, Novell client versions,etc.
All precariously prone to instability.  Accepting the wrong MS security
hotfix can bring it all down too.
I migrated an MFXP farm to the NDS integration model last November from
a simple NT4 domain and have been chasing down intermittent problems
since. Out of the gate it seems fine till you start loading it up with
users and makeing It does work however. Publishing apps to NDS users and
groups is pretty simple actually not sure what the issue was with the
other post.

1) Make sure you follow CTX634542 document for installing the client.
This will cause untold issues later on though it appears to work
properly.

2) Right now Novell Client 4.83SP2 seems to be the release with the
least issues with Citrix.  v4.9SP2 was just released  I may be trying
this soon and let the list know.

3)Consult CTX101898 if using MFXP FR2/FR3. It's a good implementation
guide.

4)Test, test, test again. Disciplined change management is important in
any complex system and most definitely applies here.

5) Citrix support of Novell integration, at least in my experience, is
rather shallow so be prepared to do lots of research looking for
problems/resolutions. You can almost sense the dread in their support
engineers when you say "Novell".

I would be happy to help you out with questions/concerns posted here.

>>> cherie.watts@xxxxxxxxxxx 7/30/2004 1:31:41 AM >>>

Hi Guys

We are currently entering the planning stages to integrate our Citrix
farm with the Netware Directory services. We are also running Zenworks.

I am reading everything I can get my hands on, but I was wondering if
any Citrix Administrators whom have already gone through this would be
willing to act as a sounding board for me to bounce ideas off.

Also if you pass on some info on the pitfalls you have come across it
would be totally appreciated.

Well it's beer O'clock here in Aus, so I'm signing off till Monday.

Cheers and have a great weekend.

Cherie

Using the latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven
technical expertise, proprietary software and best practices, EOL
provides custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and
specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com
http://www.go-eol.com