[THIN] Re: Citrix and MSCS failover problem

  • From: "Rowlandson, John" <John.Rowlandson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:02:03 +1100

david=20

we have same setup

2k clusters with oracle forms on a share

in our case the desktops used theforms on the clusters as a mapped drive =
letter

ie q: is \\file01\keystone\

when the cluster failed over, the oracle client will not reconnect and =
carry on, forcing the user to close the app

Sp3 for 2k has made this a lot better though

on my MF boxes i have the oracle install and the code locally to each =
box to cut down network IO

this way i am getting 70+ users on a dual p3 866 2gb ram 10k disk

hth

john