[THIN] Re: Citrix XP Printing

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:08:23 -0700

COuld be a couple things.  Make sure the users have rights to the spool
directory.  If the drivers are not already loaded onto the XP server,
trying to connect may also attempt to install the driver (Microsoft click
and print technology).  If the users don't have rights to add drivers, this
may also cause a problem.  Try importing the print server.  This will
install all the drivers under an admin ID.  I've also found that I have to
map to each printer at least once.  I think this is due to some odd HP
drivers that only let admins install/configure.  Once I've mapped, everyone
else can.

Fnal question,  Is your print server a windows print server or is it one of
the HP appliances.

adam

                      Jason Benway

                      <benwayj@xxxxxxxx        To:       "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      >                        cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] Citrix XP
Printing
                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      09/18/2003 11:01

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

We are using a windows 2000 server as the print server for all of our
network printers.

Our desktop (win 2k and XP) users, only have standard user permissions on
their desktop. But they can connect to any network printer. Etc
\\printserver\hp1

But when I user logs onto Citrix XP and tries to connect to
\\printserver\hp1 they get an error stating they do not have sufficient
access to your machine to connect to the selected printer.

If I log into Citrix XP as an admin, I connect to the printer without a
problem?

Thanks,jb