[THIN] Re: Citrix VS Terminal services, what's the difference?

  • From: "Tasita Ebacher" <tebacher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:38:44 -0500

I have often wondered what the advantages of using Citrix over Terminal
Services is... But I unfortunately do not know.

In my experiences, however, RDP has been the better protocol!  ICA has been
fairly stable for my local users.  But, I have a few users at a remote site
a few blocks away from my office that is connected to the LAN via a wireless
link.  The link is fast, but ICA will NOT work properly over it, the users
were constantly locking up, disconnecting, and having a multitude of other
odd problems.  But, RDP works great over the wireless link!  For what I do,
ICA doesn't even have any features that make it worth while to use it
instead of RDP.

Tasita Ebacher
702 Communications
Data Systems Engineer