[THIN] Citrix VS Terminal services, what's the difference?

  • From: John Van Gerpen <jvangerpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:31:38 -0700

I administrate Windows 2000 network and Citrix Medaframe XP.  Looking at
CO$T$ and maintenance associated with Citrix I'm considering scrapping
Citrix and going with a Terminal services RDP environment. All my clients
are WinXP and Wyse terminals (RDP).  The only down side I know is the load
balancing Citrix can do, and Terminal services cannot.   What do you think
the advantages and disadvantages are between RDP & ICA?
Is Terminal services as functional as Citrix?

Thanks in advance
 John.
http://www.tarantella.com/ttba