[THIN] Citrix & TS Licensing Confusion

  • From: "Roger Wright" <rwright@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:02:47 -0400

I'm thoroughly confused over the licensing requirements for a Citrix server in
a Windows 2003 environment.
I have a Windows 2003 domain controller used as a fileserver.  My Citrix box is
running on Windows 2000 and has licenses for Citrix and none for Terminal
Services. I only use RDP to establish remote desktops for administrative
purposes on my non-Citrix servers.  I did not have a TS Licensing Server
configured until a few minutes ago (it's now on my domain controller) and it's
activated although no TS CAL's have been added.

Should this be sufficient to allow ICA connections to my Citrix box from ALL
clients (i.e., XP Home, Win9x, etc)?

Is it correct that only Windows 2000 and Windows XP Pro & 2003 Server products
include TS CAL's?

Roger Wright
Southern Commerce Bank

_______
NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic message is considered
privileged and confidential under Florida Statutes 456.057 and 395.3025.  It is
intended solely for the use of the recipient named above.  If the reader is not
the recipient named above, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or disclosure of the contents of this message is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please
immediately notify the sender and destroy the original message.

than buying more servers.