[THIN] Re: Citrix Server Resources Exhausted

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 17:50:49 +0800

Yep, the irony is that unless you make changes the server dynamically sets
up these system memory allocations at startup. So if you have a 64GB server,
it's memory allocation in the 2GB kernel memory space will be different to
that of a 16GB server. Therefore you think you're on the right track by
pumping more memory in, but what you've actually done is handicap it..if you
know what I mean.

So if you do no memory tuning at all, you may find you get equal or better
performance from a 16GB server than a 32GB server.

In my opinion the sweet spot for a 32-bit Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
Citrix server is 24GB.

This is only relevant in the Windows 32-bit world.

Cheers,

Jeremy.