[THIN] Citrix Server Hardening - RestrictAnonymous setting

  • From: Chris Strug <chrisstrug@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:04:45 +0100

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the last email - clicked "send" instead of "save"! :0

To follow on from my last email about hardening servers in a PS4.0 R05 farm
based on Win 2000 servers, the MBSA tool reports that the servers have their
NULL Sessions share wide open as documented at
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb418944.aspx.

Specifically, the MBSA report recommends that I set the "restrictanonymous"
settings to 2: "No access without explicit anonymous permissions."

Obviously I'm going to be doing some fairly extensive testing but I was
wondering if anyone on the list was aware of any gotchas to do with this -
the majority of documentation I've found doesn't seem to refer to Citrix or
Terminal Servers...

Thanks

Chris

--