[THIN] Re: Citrix Secure Gateway Redundancy

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:02:45 -0500

Best bet is the following
NLB or hardware load balancing for the CSG servers
NLB or hardware load balancing for the IIS servers
NOTHING for the STA servers.

WHY: easy, the STA servers are configured within the CSG and NFuse
boxes. You can set them up in there to be High availability. They can
failover from one to the next.

How High-end do the machines have to be? Depends on load. I wouldn't run
workstations if you were looking at hundreds or thousands of users. But
lets say you only need 20 concurrent... sure. The NLB will give you
availability and the failure of a workstation (more prone than server)
is taken care of and the performance should not matter since the user
count is so low.=20

The STA service can be loaded on a MetaFrame server inside the trusted
network but if it was not getting its own server I would more than
likely put it on one or two of the DC's or File servers in a small
environment. (these are less likely to come down than an MF server.

Ron