[THIN] Citrix Receiver - Launching ICA Files

  • From: IT Helpdesk <it@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:06:26 +0000

I seem to be asking lots of questions recently:

Here's another one - we have a number of .ICA files that users double-click to
launch sessions into Citrix systems outside of our farm.

We cannot add these to our usual web interface as these systems are totally
isolated from our environment. All we have is ICA access.

This works fine using Program Neighborhood Agent, but users with Citrix
Receiver get the "Unable to launch your application" error.

An example ICA file is below. (I've changed the IP Address and Application
Server name for privacy).

Any ideas? Is there a better way we can achieve this?

Cheers.

[ApplicationServers]

CTXSERVER=

[CTXSERVER]