[THIN] Re: Citrix Profile Manager

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 08:20:44 -0500

On the Citrix server run perfmon with the 'redirector' current commands object 
during your heaviest login period. See if this goes above 5 if so then your 
file server is a bottleneck and needs to be looked at which is probably causing 
this issue. 

Jumbo frames make sense as we use that on our servers

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 8, 2012, at 22:31, Alan Tropper <Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry good point Magnus...profile server is ESXi4.1 VM Win2008 R2 (No Sp1 
> yet) and has 1 vCPU and 6Gb RAM.
> 
> Checked VM's CPU and memory and there is no ballooning, with CPU on average 
> at 45%, although consumed memory does run close to 6GB max. Disk I/O looks OK 
> peaking at 10,000 Kbps and networking looks relatively low where not spiking 
> above 9,000Kbps.
> 
> Cheers
> 
> Al
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf 
> Of Magnus Hjorleifsson
> Sent: Thursday, 9 February 2012 11:13 AM
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [THIN] Re: Citrix Profile Manager
> 
> What type of file server are using to store the profiles on?
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> On Feb 8, 2012, at 22:06, Alan Tropper <Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 
>> Hi All,
>> 
>> Im hoping someone can help with some issues Im seeing with profile manager 
>> in both v3.2 and v4.0, we have recently upgraded to version 4 to fix some of 
>> our issues with no luck Im afraid.
>> 
>> Our environment is Xenapp6 Win2008R2 Sp1 Citrix Rollup pack1
>> 
>> Currently when we lose Datacentre connectivity we have to re-start the 
>> citrix profile manager service on all citrix servers to cleared disconnected 
>> sessions otherwise users fail to log in when trying to re-connect to their 
>> session. Once service is re-started you can clear disconnected sessions, if 
>> this isn't done then the sessions will keep coming back upon refresh.
>> 
>> We are also seeing users all be it inconsistently that sometimes do not get 
>> their full profile loaded as will be missing auto signatures in outlook etc, 
>> does anyone have any ideas or some good tuning tips between citrix servers 
>> and the profile manager server. Speaking to our network team they suggest I 
>> look at configuring jumbo frames between the servers....what experiences has 
>> anyone had with configuring Jumbo frames in citrix?
>> 
>> Cheers
>> 
>> Al
>> 
>> Alan Tropper
>> Dept of Child Protection
>> 
>> This message may contain privileged and confidential information and is 
>> intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). You must not disclose 
>> this communication to anyone without the prior consent of the Department for 
>> Child Protection (DCP). If you have received this email in error, please 
>> notify us by return mail, delete it from your system and destroy all copies. 
>> DCP has exercised care to avoid errors in the information contained in this 
>> email but does not warrant that it is error or omission free.
>> <winmail.dat>
> ************************************************
> For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or set Digest or Vacation mode 
> use the below link:
> //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> ************************************************
> This message may contain privileged and confidential information and is 
> intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). You must not disclose 
> this communication to anyone without the prior consent of the Department for 
> Child Protection (DCP). If you have received this email in error, please 
> notify us by return mail, delete it from your system and destroy all copies. 
> DCP has exercised care to avoid errors in the information contained in this 
> email but does not warrant that it is error or omission free.
> ************************************************
> For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or 
> set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
> //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> ************************************************
************************************************
For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or
set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
//www.freelists.org/list/thin
************************************************

Other related posts: