[THIN] Re: Citrix Profile Management 4.0

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 11:53:56 -0500

*So basically what you are saying Joe, is,  if you want to run XA published
applications on a published desktop you need the user to have 2 profiles?
How insane kind of setup is that? *
*The technology has taken a huge step backward.  *
**
*The easiest way to still do it I think is to have XD a generic
locked desktop with the same logon to all and have the user just use Web
Interface as a login for the published apps and have only one profile on XA
set up. Seems a bit less hassle. *
*Then you publish an unlocked XD and have the double profiles for power
users who need to install apps, etc. And most organizations do not have
many of those. *
**
*Otherwise once you get a corrupt profile for a user you don't know where
the hell to look to sort it out. And you are managing a whole lot more
profiles and data. *
**
*SMH I think some managers really overthink what their users need and most
users think they own the company computer and do whatever they want on
it.   Other times I think it is vendors overselling what the client really
needs. *
* *
**
*Jim Kenzig