[THIN] Citrix Profile Management 4.0

  • From: Harry Singh <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 17:11:29 -0500

I'm having a tough time understanding how to implement UPM 4.0 correctly
and hoping could help solve this puzzle.

I currently am piloting a XD 5.5 with XA 6.5 deployment. Windows 7
Professional (x86) desktops with apps hosted on XA 6.5. Now, there will be
users connecting to desktops on XD and users connecting solely to Apps on
XA 6.5. I'm not migrating any existing roaming profiles and my confusion
lies in the following:

1XD 5.5 server with 2 XA 6.5 servers.

I have my profile store set to \\fileserver\ctxprofiles

Do i need to even worry about setting up a system environment variable on
the Desktop image and XA servers, such as %profver% If i do, as i suspect
because of the different bitness between the XD desktop (win 7 x86) and
servers (XD + XA being x64) what do i need to enter in for profile store
path ? More importantly, and the area of the most confusion, is what do i
enter inside the Variable Value, should i have to account for different
bitness, to make sure each is properly populated in the "v1 aka x86" and
"v2 aka x64" folders?

I may be over complicating this a bit, but real curious to know how to
properly setup PM for a Xendesktop environment with XA.

Thanks,

Harry.