[THIN] Re: Citrix Printer Manager crashing, hanging logins

  • From: "Chris Grecsek" <cgrecsek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:23:04 -0700

LMAO - cheers to THAT!

  _____

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jeff Pitsch
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 11:20 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Citrix Printer Manager crashing, hanging logins

Here's to hoping that my luck continues with implementing this feature
successfully :)

Jeff Pitsch
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com <http://jeffpitschconsulting.com/>

On 8/11/06, Chris Grecsek <cgrecsek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We're actually finding "this", the latest, patch to fix the cpsvc.exe to be
the worst one yet. In previous versions we would have the service do a full
on crash, sometimes it would just stop and we could set the service to
automatically restart but now, now it isn't reporting anything at all in the
event logs as it isn't actually "crashing" per say it just stops
auto-creating printers at login.

I've scoured the server for any remnants of old printer drivers, etc but
this server was built from scratch only a few months ago and all users are
setup to only use UPD so I can't imagine how a rogue printer driver could
have snuck onto the machine. Very frustrating.the only solution these days
is to rebuild the server and that hasn't even proven to be 100% effective.

  _____