[THIN] Re: Citrix Presentation Server 4 upgrade to 4.5 query

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 23:46:28 +1100

Hi

So you just installed over the top?  Are there any gotchas?  I understand I
need to update the farm metric server first.  Any other tips for a seamless
upgrade?

Thanks

From: webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Citrix Presentation Server 4 upgrade to 4.5 query
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 06:15:09 -0600

I have upgraded numerous farms from 4.0 to 4.5 as in-place
upgrades and never had an issue.  Not much changes from 4.0 to 4.5.  XenApp 5
for Server 2003 is the same thing as 4.5 FP1.

Webster

From:
thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Angela
Smith

Hi

Im looking at upgrading my Windows 2003 / Citrix Presentation Server 4 farm to
XenApp 4.5.  I cannot migrate to new hardware.  There are 2 options:

1) Uninstall Citrix Presentation Server 4 and Install XenApp 4.5

2) Install XenApp 4.5 over the top of Citrix Presentation Server 4

Im looking at Option 1 as I feel it may be cleaner.  Can anyone recommend
the best way to upgrade and ensure no issues are encountered..  Which
option should I go with?

Thanks

Ang

Looking for a great date? Meet singles at ninemsn dating
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/150855801/direct/01/