[THIN] Re: Citrix Pres 4.5 Printing PDF Documents

  • From: Gehan.DeSilva@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:09:25 +0800

Thanks for the response

Our users are  presented with a Full Desktop environment.

The clients are XP what reg keys are you suggesting are missing from the
users profile ??
Gehan De Silva
Senior Network Administrator

RSM Bird Cameron

8 St Georges Terrace Perth WA 6000
GPO Box R1253 Perth WA 6844
T (08) 9261 9437   F (08) 9261 9112
www.rsmi.com.au

From:
"Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms"; <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
25/08/2008 08:07 PM
Subject:
[THIN] Re: Citrix Pres 4.5 Printing PDF Documents

Looks like they don't have the registry entries for Adobe 8 in their
profile.  What OS is the user connecting from? If it is Vista that could
be all telling.

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 11:17 PM, <Gehan.DeSilva@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello

I have strange problem on my x64 Pres 4.5 Servers. My users use
Autocreated client printers and Citrix Universal Print driver for
printing.

Autocreated client printer is a Canon IRC2620 .

The version of Adobe Reader  is 8.1.2

I found randomly that users will be unable to print from Adobe PDF with an
error message saying: You must have a printer setup.

I get the following entries in the System Log:

Application popup: AcroRd32.exe - Unable To Locate Component : This
application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem. '

Application popup: splwow64.exe - Unable To Locate Component : This
application has failed to start because ctxprn64.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Other users on the same server will be able to print just fine from Adobe
PDF, also printing from MS Office Applications seems to be ok for the
affected user.

Any thoughts ??
Gehan De Silva
Senior Network Administrator

RSM Bird Cameron

8 St Georges Terrace Perth WA 6000
GPO Box R1253 Perth WA 6844
T (08) 9261 9437   F (08) 9261 9112
www.rsmi.com.au
Exceptional Service  Exceptional Results
Assurance - Business Advisory - Corporate Finance - Risk Management - Tax
- Turnaround &  Insolvency
This Communication is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or copyright. You are hereby notified that any
prohibited without the authority of the sender. If you have received this
e-mail message in error or are not the intended recipient, please delete
and destroy all copies and notify us immediately by return mail. Any views
expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifically states otherwise. If you no longer want to
receive notifications, simply reply to this e-mail.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards
Legislation.