[THIN] Re: Citrix Policies

  • From: Mario Nicoletatos <muray_n@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 03:03:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mark

Id appreciate a run down on how to extract policy information

Regards
Mario

Mark CALLEJA <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Have you tried running a resultant policy to work out exactly what is applied
to your user? Let me know if you need instructions.

Mk

Mark Calleja
Network Systems Coordinator
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary,
and those who don't"

>>> emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 26/07/2005 01:34 am >>>
I'm not sure if I have a policy issue or not. I have 2 policies:

TPC - Priority 1 - Applies to a subset of Citrix Users
Default - Priority 2 - Applies to all Citrix Users

I set the number of Concurrent sessions to 5 in the Default Policy
I disabled the number of Concurrent session in the TPC Policy

So, my thought was, the Default policy applies to every user first, then
you work your way up the list through the priority. If you are the
subset with TPC policy assigned, then the concurrent session limit
should not exisit.

Am I thinking correctly? I had a user with many connections (didn't get
to see the exact amount at the time) and they tried to open a word DOC
but got a "failure to launch" error, so I thought it might be because of
the max number of concurrent connections being hit? This user ended up
closing out a few of the open applications (not all) and they were able
to open the word DOC.

This weeks sponsor: SuperSpeed
Try Us To improve performance along with other agents!
FREE 30-day Trial!
http://www.superspeed.com/servers/computing.php?ID0