[THIN] Citrix Network Latency

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:59:53 +1000

Greetings

we have a client with a site in india with an ave but constant latency of 170ms
. I was under the impression that citrix traffic suffers from anything over 140
- 150ms.

Its a 2mb line with 70 users coming across it with little in the way of network
controls.

From a citrix policy point of view any advice for what we should enable or
configure?

They have a local network printer server, but are presently onlyu sing auto
created printers.

I was thinking import print server > assign the 4 printers > set policy to
print to assigned printers as direct? (or is this disasterous as the citrix
server then tries to print directly to the india print server?)

Also another policy to disable all ICA channels not requried (audio, comports
etc)

Each server has a 50kbps print limit

Anything obvious i am missing? anything that will really obviously make things
quicker?! (gotta love the quick wins)

Cheers

Cheers List LEGENDS!

Use Messenger in your Hotmail inbox Find out how here
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=823454