[THIN] Re: Citrix Metaframe XP Best practices

  • From: Rob Slayden <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 22:11:53 -0700

Miguel,

I can attest to the rather complete nature of Doug's documentation, MIAB
2.1. I manage a 27-server MF 1.8 farm but have (had?) very little knowledge
of XP. Using Doug Brown's documentation, I was able to put together a
comprehensive design including a complete "shopping list" of hardware and
software required to implement the design, including data store
determination, zone data collector, and control server design. I started
about 2 weeks ago and submitted both the design and procurement request last
week. The hardware arrived today and tomorrow I will begin building a new MF
XP server farm. Whoo Hoo!! Many kudos to Doug for his very complete project
methodology.

Thanks Doug!!

Rob Slayden
24 Hour Fitness, Inc.