[THIN] Re: Citrix Licensing

  • From: jgates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:09:01 -0500

Let me know how that goes.  Do you have your new licensing server setup as
a Enterprise or Domain?  I wonder if I could install an Enterprise and
then move them.  I'm not sure how it would work with the old NT 4.0
domain.

Thanks,

Jobe Gates
Supervisor of Network Systems
Genesys PHO
810-424-2310 Phone
810-743-1099 Fax
jgates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email transmission may contain confidential
information. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify the sender by email at the address shown and permanently delete
this message from your email files.

"Schneider, Chad M" <CMSchneider@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
11/05/2004 10:03 AM
Please respond to thin

        To:     thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        [THIN] Re: Citrix Licensing

As I understand, you must dactivate your current Terminal Service
Licensing server, and call M$ to install the licenses on the new server.

I am prepping to do the same sort of thing today.

I currently have licensing running in an NT 4.0 domain for Terminal
Servers running Windows 2000.  I have setup a new 2003 domain with a new
farm and installed a licensing server.  I've activated the licensing
server and it's using temporary licenses.  If I choose to install the
licenses is it going to remove/disable them from the other licensing
server in the other domain?