[THIN] Citrix License server issue

  • From: "Kaftan, John" <jkaftan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:35:18 -0800

We have an issue with our license server not making a license available
after a client logs off.  This happens slowly.  Over a course of a week
we may loose 10 licenses.  Once we restart the license server service we
get the licenses back.  We are running MPS 3.0.

Citrix has told me that the license server functionality is actually
written by a 3rd party.  The issue we are experiencing is a known issue
and their recommend course of action until an upgrade is presented by
the 3rd party is to reboot the server on a regular basis.  I would think
once a week would do the trick.

Once an upgrade is offered by the 3rd party we will be able to upgrade
the license server and the issue will go away.  They claim there is
nothing else to do.

Has anyone else experienced this and have you found out anything
different?