[THIN] Re: Citrix License Server - Firewall

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:29:41 +1100

Hi James,

Firstly, Citrix are now standardising on port 7279 for licensing server 11.5
and above, and it's already a static port. If you are using earlier versions of
the licensing server, use this port instead of 27001, or whatever. Less
firewall work to worry about when you upgrade.

Secondly, you should read the licensing admin guides and whitepapers, as they
explain in detail how it all works. The Citrix product first communicates with
the licensing server on TCP 27000. Then depending on the VENDOR CITRIX options
settings, it will determine what port to use from there. If this is not set, it
will use a port in the range of 27001 to 27009.

Cheers,
Jeremy.

From: joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:03:38 -0700

Not sure about the AG, but the other products also connect on a high port.
This can be set statically on the license server.